05 Jul 42 questions every business owner must answer – Part 13 (final one)
Not just business questions, but life questions and soul inspiring questions …
Here are the FINAL 5 questions of this Blog series especially written for you and I.
YES, I have purposely started the numbering of the questions here and not continued on from the past blog, as very few people will answer them all (let alone read them 😊😊).
Also, this way, you can just tackle the questions that resonate with you and your heart!
PLEASE again, lock this ABSOLUTE CRITICAL PRINCIPLE OF LIFE and BUSINESS into your heart and soul;
The quality of your questions determines the quality of your life!
Have a crack at these now …
1. If you only worked 3 days a week, what things would fill up your other 4 days?
- Write all the things you would do …
- Would you be happy to do them by yourself or would you need family or mates to do it with you for it to be fun?
- Could you do these things every week or just once a month/quarter?
- When I did this exercise, I actually knocked up an annual calendar and put these items from this question into each month and then week
2. What things would you need to create in life for YOU to deem yourself a true success?
- Are they material things, are they life experiences, are they feelings you rarely have felt before or only dreamed of? Write them all down…
- When I did this one I wrote out over a page in my journal and then stopped as I realised I was now covering stuff that did not fit into my definition of success. So, my learning was defining the word success first and then do it.
- Let yourself be honest (really honest) as nobody else needs to see this list, yet if you are like me, it will surprise you and inspire you at the same time
3. If you could only express 100 words before you die, that your children would read and remember you by, what would they be? (Massive prize for the best example in the comments section)
- This was an exercise I had to for an interview I did in the USA a couple of years ago and it really knocked me about
- This question I am sure will take a lot more than 15-30 min slot in your diary and could be a process you do over a period of weeks or months, bit by bit
- Why don’t you ask your loved one what they would say?
- I have even raised this at a ‘dinner party’ and asked the group, some amazing ideas came out, AND a greater understanding of some of our friends also was a major benefit (accidental) of this
4. If you were given Aladdin’s lamp, rubbed it and the 3-wish genie popped out, what would you wish for?
- Since I was a boy I always thought on the third wish I would ask for 3 more wishes, but pretend that this is not possible and it is only 3
- This is another question to really help you simplify, prioritise what is most important in your heart and get honest with yourself
- This is such a cool thing to do with your children, as their answers really can make you laugh and wonder at how amazing their little minds are!!
- Here are some interesting and diverse responses
5. What is 1 thing you use now as an adult that if you had available as a child/teenager, life would have been so much better or different?
- This could be technology based (most common thought train for people) which is pretty obvious
- It also is an opportunity to experience the “old head on young shoulders” expression as if it was real life
- One of mine before I had a wife was “understanding the DISC profile”, as I would have been much more successful attracting the opposite sex when I was younger 😊😊
REMEMBER, to truly get the most out of these questions and the following ones, here is my recommendation to you;
- Make a 15 – 30 min slot free in your diary a week and plant yourself somewhere where you will not be disturbed that makes you feel good when you are in this spot.
- Turn the phone off or onto aeroplane mode so you are distraction free
- Grab (or buy) your journal and a pen to write the answers to these questions, so you can reference back to them later, and continue to add new answers as you grow
- Make a note in your calendar to review these answers in exactly 12 months’ time, and do this!
I hope you enjoy them, have fun with it and just see how the better questions that you ask yourself start changing the way you do things in business and life!!
PS. If you are an open-minded person, who loves to help and inspire others and understands the value in sharing, please share 1 thing you got out of these questions here Facebook page, so I can see them and support you/acknowledge you