12 Jun 42 questions every business owner must answer – Part 8
Not just business questions, but life questions and soul inspiring questions …
Here are the next 3 questions or Part 8 of this Blog series especially written for you and I.
YES, I have purposely started the numbering of the questions here and not continued on from the past blog, as very few people will answer them all (let alone read them 😊😊). Also this way, you can just tackle the questions that resonate with you and your heart!
PLEASE again, lock this ABSOLUTE CRITICAL PRINCIPLE OF LIFE and BUSINESS into your heart and soul;
The quality of your questions determines the quality of your life!
Have a crack at these now …
1. What dollar amount of net worth are you aiming to retire at, by when and why this amount?
- Think about how old you will be when you retire and then how many years you plan on living post that.
- How much do you live off now per year and it will more than likely be the same amount as the amount you pay for your mortgage now may be what you spend on travelling (or medical bills) as a retiree
- Also consider that the ‘value’ of money doubles on average every 14 years, hence a $100,000 living cost now will be $200,000 in 14 years and $400,000 in 28 years – sounds like a heap right?
- I think about it so that the cash I am pulling out of my super fund is CASH the assets make and are not diluting or decreasing the assets each year I draw from them. Something to consider …
2. What is 1 thing you wish you did with your wife/husband before you had children?
- Geez my list is long here so I am not sure what I will share
- One thing I wish I did was travel the world as a backpacker, which Sally would have loved to do. I am sure we will do something of a similar nature once the children leave home as we believe you are never too old to go for your dreams. See this lady on how she does it
- Talk to your life partner about this and create a list of what it would be and then, dream or plan when you will do these things while the children are with you or after they leave home. Why not???
3. What 3 holiday destinations would you LOVE to experience in the next 5-10 years?
- We all have places within our own country or in different regions of the world that have stimulated our curiosity, desire or imagination. What are yours?
- I plan on skiing in Japan, kayaking the Fjords in the Scandinavian region, visiting Antarctica via ship and flying float planes in Alaska.
- Not only put the country you want to visit, but what would you do there and who would you love to have that experience with!
REMEMBER, to truly get the most out of these questions and the following ones, here is my recommendation to you;
- Make a 15 – 30 min slot free in your diary a week and plant yourself somewhere where you will not be disturbed that makes you feel good when you are in this spot.
- Turn the phone off or onto aeroplane mode so you are distraction free
- Grab (or buy) your journal and a pen to write the answers to these questions, so you can reference back to them later, and continue to add new answers as you grow
- Make a note in your calendar to review these answers in exactly 12 months’ time, and do this!
I hope you enjoy them, have fun with it and just see how the better questions that you ask yourself start changing the way you do things in business and life!!
PS. If you are an open-minded person, who loves to help and inspire others and understands the value in sharing, please share 1 thing you got out of these questions here Facebook page, so I can see them and support you/acknowledge you