Which stage of life are you in right now?
Actually, more importantly, what stage of life should you be in?
I was listening to one of my mentors/teachers the other day in my car and he mentioned that Carl Jung created different archetypes of our lives as a way of understanding behaviours and value sets.
There are 3 main stages from your younger years onwards and they are:
- Athlete – focus on the body, building it up and what it can do
- Warrior - the main focus is fight and conquer, what you can accumulate and achieve
- Statesman – the main focus is on how can I serve
For someone my age and at my stage of life, it is natural that I am in the warrior stage. BUT, it is interesting as I am really not into this anymore. I almost feel that I have that t-shirt and do not like wearing it anymore. I have run businesses with 15+ team myself and remember always feeling stressed as I was trying to always solve everyone’s problem, BUT my own! I have realised from these experiences that where and how I can best live into my vision, is by being a 2 man band so I have the time to create, to add value to my business and truly serve my clients. It is not about what can I get now, it is about what can I give or how can I serve.
I have realised that in the warrior place, while it has its place, it causes:
- a great deal of stress
- heaps of hard work
- complete imbalance with other key things in my life
- some really big highs
- some really big lows; and
- a terrific platform for me to find out who I really am and who I can be
BUT, every time I dabble (I mean for a month or more) on focusing on what I can give, I:
- feel so much more relaxed
- feel terrific deep within myself
- my inner peace raises through the roof
- my connection feels real
- I am happier
- And yes, various new opportunities come my way that I never would have considered.
So it leads me to think, why do I not choose the statesman way of living permanently then?
For one reason and one reason only, the ego!
I will talk more about ego in future posts as it is something I am very interested in exploring and I know my learning’s will help guide you to a better path for your growth as a person and as a business owner.
Have an amazing week and weekend with your loved ones!
Leave a Reply
Life as a business owner with a younger family, CAN BE HARD and we go through so many issues and face many internal demons daily. Let’s talk about these, bring solutions and collaborate, to solve the challenges and achieve what we want in life - peace, happiness and satisfaction, WHILE we grow our business!
Most Popular Blogs
Gain access to our FREE Audio's & Reports