Rollercoasters or Change
Do you love rollercoasters or do you hate rollercoasters?
The parallels between rollercoasters and change to me are quite funny and so close.
People either love or hate rollercoasters. Why?
- They scare the hell out of you OR give you an immense rush of excitement
- When you are on them you think you could die OR new horizons are lived through
- You procrastinate getting on one of them OR you rush to be on the next one
- They make you feel sick inside OR you feel truly “alive” on them and after you get off
- You avoid them like the plague OR you are addicted to them once in a theme park
Look at the left hand side of these dot points and tell me if this is how you feel about change.
Now look at the right side, is this how you feel about change?
If you are like me, you would LIKE to say I react like the “right” side of the dot points when it comes to change. But is this true?
Take a look at what fundamental changes you have made to your lifestyle, your business, your attitude and approach to life in the past 2-3 years. How many have you made?
Problem mindset: Change is too scary and I will remain in the status quo as much as possible
Solution mindset: Change is like a roller-coaster – scary, yet fun and extremely rewarding
2, 3, 4 or more? NONE?
How long did it take you to change these things in your life?
What did you have to go through in order to climb on the ride of “change”?
Now I am not saying you should make fundamental changes to your life every week, month or quarter.
What I am saying is that if you are NOT getting the results in your life that you desire right now, the CORE reason most probably is because of your ‘honest’ approach to changing the status quo.
Let’s take an example of you in your business … Think about what things need to change in your business life honestly. Do you need to look at;
- Your attitude to your business, clients or industry future?
- The way that you communicate with yourself, your family, your staff, your clients?
- The way that you lead and how you follow through and inspire others?
- The amount of hours you do in or for your business and how that affects your personal health and life?
- The rewards you expect or receive from being in business for yourself?
- What you offer your clients and how you do this?
If you do not change things fundamentally, there are generally 2 core reasons why!
- You do not perceive that a change is required (denial or ignorance - oops)
- The options and perceived benefits to change into are unclear or not attractive enough to go through the ‘pain’ of change (ignorance or laziness – that’s not very nice TT)
Reading a blog, having a mentor or coach, reading a book, listening to a CD is a great first step to increase awareness that change is required and possible.
BUT, it is what you do with this new awareness that counts!
You have 2 choices again;
- Deny it, say “ it would not work for me”, look at all the negatives and overall justify yourself why you should stay in the status quo
- Do something about it and take action (think of the right side of the roller coaster dot points)
You as a human being have been GIFTED the right to ask questions, explore and think; and my wish for you is that you use this ability to the best of your ability.
If this is not appealing to you or sounds like a load of hogwash, then go and communicate to a person in hospital who is on their death bed or someone who is incapacitated in a way that they would do anything to have your life and your choices – then tell me if being an ostrich is still appealing.
We are in this world to be the best we can be and make a difference, and the only way to do that is “to be comfortable with being uncomfortable” which means EVER CHANGING (or ever growing).
Please do me a favour if you got something out of this blog, take 90 seconds and email Lisa with 3 fundamental changes you have made in the last 3 years and 3 more you need to make in the next 18 months …
The only way to grow is to commit and when you commit, having sincere support from someone that cares or is walking your same path, makes a terrific difference to your confidence and results!
So c’mon, send me an email – I dare you to make that little change and “share more” from today.
Have a phenomenal week of discovery and HAPPY EASTER!!
Leave a Reply
Life as a business owner with a younger family, CAN BE HARD and we go through so many issues and face many internal demons daily. Let’s talk about these, bring solutions and collaborate, to solve the challenges and achieve what we want in life - peace, happiness and satisfaction, WHILE we grow our business!
Most Popular Blogs
Gain access to our FREE Audio's & Reports