The ONLY thing you can control is …
We live in a society that wants to choose what they want and get it now (or in fact yesterday) and one of the most powerful things I have learnt is that there is really only 1 thing you can choose, truly!!
When you reflect on the past – good or bad – how did all of those things happen the way they did?
When you gaze into the future – what will make all those visions and dreams come true for you?
The answer is the same.
How YOU used the “NOW”!
You see the past was made up of a whole bunch of “now’s”, the future will be comprised of a collection of “now’s” and the only thing you have at this moment, is this very current “NOW”!
One of my mentors told me a few years back that the ‘rule of thumb’ for successful focus is;
- 5% of your time should look into the past to ensure you learn from it
- 80% of your time should be in the now
- 15% of your time should be into the future to ensure you are moving in the direction you want
Problem Mindset: Missing the “NOW” opportunity because you are in the past or future too much
Solution Strategy: Focus 100% on the "NOW" to get the most out of LIFE
My experience tells me this is really good advice, but bloody hard to uphold. Mainly due to my default position being so strong and because my upbringing and environment has lead me to invest a lot of time thinking in the past and in the future. So being authentic, I would have to say that most of my life has been;
- 40% of my time in the past
- 20% of my time in the now
- 40% of my time in the future
So what would you honestly say are YOUR numbers?
The problem when I operate within these proportions, these are my results;
- Time passes so quickly
- I have not achieved the best results possible that I know I could have achieved
- My relationships have waned with important people
- I have tried lots of things, but never really focused on a couple of things
So what can you and I do about this?
Just keep “present” on the NOW now and enjoy that for what it is. It is so invigorating with this perspective. You always feel you have choice and control. Hence, this is how we can all feel the illusive quality we call “FREEDOM”.
Chose ‘NOW’ and watch how;
- You complete tasks of a higher quality and efficiency
- You feel happier with yourself and what you can achieve
- Your skills and experiences become so much richer
- Your relationships grow and feel more fulfilling
The only time we have is NOW, so let’s make the most of it and make sure we are living our life that holds no regrets and full of awesome experiences that have you go to sleep each night with a smile and true feeling of peace.
Have a soulful weekend
Leave a Reply
Life as a business owner with a younger family, CAN BE HARD and we go through so many issues and face many internal demons daily. Let’s talk about these, bring solutions and collaborate, to solve the challenges and achieve what we want in life - peace, happiness and satisfaction, WHILE we grow our business!
Most Popular Blogs
Gain access to our FREE Audio's & Reports