The Excitement Of Life Is There For You To Grab ...
Do you want it?
Exploration for human beings creates excitement, adventure, learning, new possibilities, new perspectives, new beliefs and new ideas. All greatness in this world comes from a human being that is WILLING to explore.
Think of young children who ask so many questions, who are so keen "to know" and who are willing to do whatever it takes to 'find out what is on the other side'. The spine of this way of living is to ASK QUESTIONS.
But why does the number of questions we ask decrease as we get older? Why are we not as eager to explore as we get older?
Is it because we were suppressed through the education system we were in, which meant we had to "colour in between the lines" and follow the sausage factory mentality of learning.
Is it because we were ridiculed for being "stupid" or " dumb" by our peers when we asked questions, which created a stigma or stories in our own minds about this?
Whatever it was, build a bridge and get over it!
People who are happiest in life and successful in their own right ARE people who keep exploring new possibilities, irrespective of what others think of them.
Problem mindset: Pride gets in the way of you having new experiences
Solution mindset: Ask questions to open yourself up to new possibilities
My mum always taught me to ask questions as she said "it is better to be 'silly' for 5 mins that it is for 5 years!" There is great wisdom in my mum's word. What can you take from them?
Stop suppressing yourself!
If you are not happy in life, with your relationships, with the results of your business or any other area of your life, then consider if and what questions you are asking.
Now I am not suggesting you should set a KPI of asking at least 30 questions a day, as that is just not practical.
What I am going to suggest is, next time you are not sure of an answer or possibility and you want to know, but do not want to look silly - ASK THE QUESTION! Remember in this point what my mum said ...
Opportunities like these above could come when;
- your client is making a complaint about your product/service and you want their ideas on a solution
- your staff/team member is not performing at a standard you need and it is getting to breaking point
- you have just finished your tax review with your accountant about the company results and you feel inside that something needs to change
- you are meeting with your business partner and you do not understand the numbers in a spreadsheet, which you KNOW is in your best interest to get
- your competitor or friends in business seems to have hit a gold mine with a new arm of their business and you want to know how they did it
Here is how you could ask these questions and have the other people be open to your request and also treat you with gratitude as opposed to thinking you are stupid ...
"Wow, I love it how you know xxxxx so well. You must have some great ideas on this. I would really love to know what you know or think like you think, would you mind answering a couple of questions for me around this as I would like to ...."
Give it a go, I guarantee it works and when you ask more questions and explore like a young child in an adult's body, I promise;
- your enthusiasm for life will go to another level
- your curiosity will lead you to amazing places of opportunity
- your humility will have "great" people admire your willingness to learn
- your mind will see more opportunities that can expand you exponentially
- your happiness and inner peace will come to the surface more regularly
Have an amazing week ahead!