A 21 Day Challenge
Is the identity you carry about yourself right now serving you or holding you back? Quick clue, are your results in life right now having you feel like shouting them to the world or having you feel small and insignificant?
Whatever words you use after the words "I am ..." is what identity you carry for yourself. I am not meaning just the words you say out loud, but also the words you say inside your head every day.
What is important to understand is that we have about 60,000 thoughts every single day. Amongst these thoughts are words, feelings and stories that we say to ourselves consciously and subconsciously. You cannot control every thought you have, but you certainly can influence a large number of thoughts you have daily with a clear vision, intention of what you want and discipline.
Your identity and your thoughts are what define your decisions, behaviours and actions, which naturally generate the results in your life. So I am not talking about a band aid solution here or quick fix. I am talking about how we can get to the core of why your current results and identity are the way they are and then change them to be what you want them to be!
Try this exercise to see what comes up for you. Reply to these questions starting each response with "I am ...";
- describe yourself as a sales person
- describe yourself as a marketer
- describe yourself as a leader
- describe yourself as a communicator
- describe yourself as a mother/father/wife/husband
What comes up first without any time to think?
Is it empowering or is it contrived where you do not believe it, as you made it sound good to feel better because you are conscious of the exercise?
For 95% of us it is not empowering, it is not inspiring and it is not even positive! Why?
Short answer, due to the environment and the identity you carry about yourself which came from the way you were raised and all experiences in between.
So do you have to continue this way and live into what you have been taught to think about yourself or can you change this and live into the life you want?
Problem mindset: I have an identity and belief system which is holding me back
Solution mindset: I can change my identity to be what I want and am committed to that change!
Good news, you can change it. BUT, it takes a lot of hard and consistent work that most people are not prepared to go through. Only 5% of people do and how do I know this to be true. Because it is that 5% of people in the world who are successful, happy and carry a high self worth. We know this from statistics of various means that demonstrate an average of 5% of people generate successful results in life.
So what can you do to join the 5%? Here are 7 tips to break your pattern and influence new results in your life;
- Decide 5 new beliefs about yourself you want to live into
- Turn these into positive affirmations that are said in a present tense as if they are happening right now and naturally begin with the words "I am ..."
- Say these 5 affirmations OUT LOUD with energy and meaning 5-7 times a day
- Write these affirmations out and place them in 7 locations you view all the time (e.g. Bathroom mirror, fridge, car, computer, etc)
- Make them into a recording by saying them with energy and vigour and make them into a story or song at least 3 times in a row and play this 5 times a day (in the car, when you go to sleep, when you shower, etc)
- When somebody asks you questions about yourself, try and include one or more of these affirmations in your responses on a daily basis
- Find images of yourself or other things that represent the affirmations and put them up in a common area where you spend a bunch of your day.
So here is the challenge, do this for 21 days straight and then tell me how things have changed for you in life. If you miss a day, start the 21 day challenge from day 1 again.
This process is what one of my mentor's taught me years ago and who now is a multi millionaire with a 25+ year marriage of being in love and 3 children where respect and unconditional love is present. He is proof in the pudding that this works as before he started this process, he was broke when his first child entered the world and a marriage that was highly strained.
What do you have to lose?
If you are prepared for a challenge and want to commit and want some support/accountability, then email us with your affirmations and we will email you through your 21 days to help keep you on track.
If you are not prepared to commit, stop complaining about your results and do something about it. Now you know what will make a long lasting change, so now you just need to decide and give it a full hearted go!
Be the inspiration for the rest of us to follow ...
Leave a Reply
Life as a business owner with a younger family, CAN BE HARD and we go through so many issues and face many internal demons daily. Let’s talk about these, bring solutions and collaborate, to solve the challenges and achieve what we want in life - peace, happiness and satisfaction, WHILE we grow our business!
Most Popular Blogs
Gain access to our FREE Audio's & Reports